Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Balance

One of the hardest things in life for me is to find balance. I am continually trying to figure out that magic combination of God, family, school, and just ordinary things that we can't avoid happening to us. I am ashamed to say that for a long time now my life has been out of balance. A friend once told me something her child said as she was helping her get dressed. She was leaning on her mom for support and she said, "Mommy, do you know why I hold on to you? I do it so that I won't fall. I have depending on my own strength and not on the strength of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I let go. I am ashamed by how I have let my life interfere with my LIFE. I have neglected my relationship with Christ and now I am trying to find my way to that perfect relationship with Him. I want to hear his voice again, I want to know Him more than I ever did in the past.

Parenting is not easy. I don't know how to be the parent of a teenager. Our teens face so much today. I try to explain to my son that all teens in all times face many temptations and trials but somehow I can't convince him of that. Today I was searching for a way to convince him that I know how he feels and that Christ knows what he's facing and God led me to this scripture, "1 Corinthians 10:13--no temptation has overtaken you but such is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it." It is my prayer that T will remember that verse and will stand strong against the temptation to join in with those of the world. I pray he will take every thought captive, that he will let the words of his heart and the meditation of his heart be pleasing to God. I pray that I will be the Godly example he needs and that God will send Godly friends to walk along side him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!