Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Finality

Today I took the last of my finals for this semester. There are no words to describe the feeling that I experienced when I turned in my last test and posted my very last reflection for at least 4-6 months. I have not had a break from school for two years since I took summer classes last year. Thank goodness that I only need to take one summer class this year and it is thankfully online. I feel like a heavy load has been lifted from me.

When I "reflect" on the meaning of final I am almost saddened. Taking those tests only mark the end of another chapter in my life. I have really enjoyed my time in school. It is so exciting that I will graduate next year (it only took me 26 years), but at the same time it is just the passing of another thing that I will never get back. Life is constantly changing and you never know what is coming next. I have learned through some tragic events in my life that things aren't always as bad as you think so enjoy the place that you are right now and don't worry about tomorrow.

I have arrived at a point in my life where I try to be content wherever I happen to be and I am successful in that most of the time. Who would have ever dreamed that I would grow to this point. A friend once told me that Jesus just wants me to stand with Him wherever He puts me. My reply was, "I do want to stand with Him, I just want to stomp while I stand here." Boy have I come a long way from there. I am not saying that I have arrived at spiritual maturity. There is nothing good about me that I had anything to do with. It is all God and His wonderful GRACE. I am so undeserving of anything He gives me but He loves me and showers me with blessings that most of the time I fail to acknowledge. Tonight as I write this I am so thankful for the things God has brought me through and for the many blessings He has so graciously given me. I am so blessed to have been the wife of the most wonderful man in the world for almost 25 years and the mother of the two best boys God ever created.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!