Friday, May 1, 2009

Overload

This has been one of the most stressful weeks of my life. It all started last Thursday morning. I had a paper due that morning on my philosophy of teaching reading. I was already overwhelmed by all the assignments that were due all in the same week. I stayed up late on Wednesday night to finish the paper and just couldn't stay up until it was done. I woke up early on Thursday to finish the paper and get it printed before heading off to school. As I was typing my last few words I asked my teenage son T to proofread it for me. He turned and looked at me in a what I perceived in my altered mental state to infer, "are you stupid?" With that one look I burst into tears. It was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. I don't usually cry that easily but on that morning the tears came quickly and refused to stop.

I kept trying to compose myself as I drove G to school, but just could not keep it together. I did manage to pull it together long enough to get G to his classroom and find my way back out of the school before the floodgates opened once more. I continued to cry as I made the short drive to my school. When I arrived at school, I parked in the back near the library where my class meets. I decided to sit in the car and pull myself together before going inside. While sitting in my car I noticed the cutest little chipmunk playing in the grass in front of my car. He was so cute with his little tail sticking straight into the air as he repeatedly hopped back and forth across the grass. Now I don't know if God sent that little chipmunk specifically to cheer me uRemove Formatting from selectionp or not; but nevertheless I felt as if it was dancing around cheering me up. I never cease to be amazed by the little things of nature. You know how it feels to go to the nicest, most well planned event where not one detail is missed? That is how I feel when I look at a blade of grass, a creepy crawly bug, or a playful chipmunk. God didn't leave out one detail. He is an amazing creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!