Friday, November 13, 2009

Acceptable Behavior

hyp·o·crite

Pronunciation: \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\Function: noun Etymology: Middle English ypocrite, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritēs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai Date: 13th century
1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
Today has been a tough day for me and tonight I feel like such a hypocrite.  My attitude and actions
have not aligned with the convictions or goals I have set for myself. A series of unimportant and insignificant events sent me into a tailspin this morning. I behaved foolishly. I cried over lost keys and glasses that I carelessly left behind when I headed out to face my day. I unloaded all my frustrations on the closest and safest person in my life when I should have turned to Jesus.
Why is it that we so soon forget the goodness that our lives are filled with when things don't go our way? Lord, help me to turn to You when I feel lost, defeated, and overwhelmed.


Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. ~Psalm 19:14 (King James Version)~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!