Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fuzzy Wuzzy and the Perfect Host

This afternoon I was greeted by G when I arrived home. He was propped up on the sofa watching television and waiting for me to get home. He immediately said, "I have an announcement to make." He then called out to his brother, "T bring me that bookbag I brought home."

T came into the room almost immediately carrying a small clear bookbag containing one very loved bear, a small white rabbit and a journal to use to record the adventures of the bear while he was at our house. It turns out that the bear is named Fuzzy Wuzzy. Of course the first thing that came to mind when I read this was "Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy was he?" I am sure that early in his life Fuzzy Wuzzy did indeed have a beautiful coat of fuzzy furry hair. That is not the case today. Did I mention that he has been very well loved?

When I think of all the little boys and girls that have taken Fuzzy Wuzzy home with them, played with him, told him their secrets, given him their hugs and kisses, and cuddled up to sleep with him at night, I actually tear up. How wonderful to imagine all that love poured into one little bear. Reading the adventures of Fuzzy Wuzzy and the many children he has followed home over the years fascinated me. I couldn't help getting caught up in the book. I found myself wondering what Fuzzy Wuzzy would do next. I asked Sweet G what he wanted to do with Fuzzy Wuzzy and after a brief moment of reflection he answered, "I know, we need to take Fuzzy Wuzzy out to dinner. You know he is only going to be here one night Momma. I have to take him back tomorrow."

I thought this was pretty clever for G to think of. I must admit that his reasoning made it hard to resist. So, after a quick call to J it was decided that dinner was indeed in Fuzzy Wuzzy's future.

Fuzzy Wuzzy has had many adventures. He has watched a lot of television, played plenty of video games, been to many sporting events, jumped on a trampoline, and slept with every child that has taken him home. And after tonight he can add going to work (J had a service call) and eating at the world's best barbeque place. I may be prejudice but I think my Sweet G was the perfect host to his new friend.

The perfect host and the perfect houseguest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!