Monday, May 10, 2010

Organizing

I have lived in my current home for almost 5 years. We sold the home we built ourselves and bought this house because of its location. It really was a God thing. I know He meant for us to live here. It was really funny the day we came to see this house for the first time. Our Realtor had been very observant while showing us homes in the area. Little things that we casually said about the homes we looked at were tucked into his memory to be used later. He called us one morning and said I found your house. You need to come and look at it today and make an offer. It just came on the market today and it will not last long. There are already two other couples coming to look at it today.

We assumed that he was just being a great salesman and telling us what he wanted us to hear but when we arrived at the house and walked through for the first time we knew he was right. This is our house. The home we built had a living room and a den/family room. This house has a family room and a living room. We needed everything to be on one level and be adaptable to become handicapped accessible for Sweet G if we ever need to. I had mentioned that I liked a screen porch on one of the houses we looked at. We wanted to be in the community that this house is located. He was right. This is our house.

The only problem is that our old house has a 10' x 16' utility room with a big closet. I love to make crafts and sew. That room was my heaven on earth. I lost my closet. The utility room I can do without but I really miss the closet. I have been trying to figure out how to live in this house without that closet for almost 5 years now. I just can't seem to get everything organized the way that I want it but I think I am getting there. Last weekend we were able to get my new desk set up in the family room. We rearranged some pieces of furniture throughout the house, I built and painted a shelf unit to store some of my most used craft supplies, and I cut, sanded and painted shelves for my utility room. My sweet hubby spent this evening finishing a cabinet that holds my laundry baskets and has plans to paint it tomorrow. It has been in my laundry room for eons waiting to be finished. We moved it in to make sure it fit and it just stayed there in its raw wood state.

I feel optimistic that we are finally going to figure out how to live i n this house. I will find a place for everything and everything will be in its place. That is my mission. I am going to organize my house in the next few weeks. I will try to keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!