Monday, June 28, 2010

Rascal Flatts Concert

You may remember that my lucky hubby won tickets to four separate concerts this summer and fall. The first concert was Tim McGraw. Love and Theft and Lady Antebellum opened for him and all three performances were great. Sunday was the date for the second concert. Chris Young and Kelly Pickler opened for Rascal Flatts 10 year anniversary tour. G loves Rascal Flatts. The concert was amazing other than the fact that we missed Chris Young's performance due to confusion over our ticket exchanges. (Shh, don't tell G we missed it-- he doesn't know.)

My sweet hubby says that he doesn't know why he entered the contest in the first place because it only ended up costing him $82 each concert to buy a third ticket and concessions are outrageous!! The people at Lakewood have been great. He actually won lawn tickets but because of G having a disability and needing a wheelchair accessible seat they have upgraded our lawn tickets for free!!

We ended up buying three extra tickets for this concert and took T and his girlfriend S with us. (They got lawn tickets- sorry.) As we sat in the summer air listening to great music I was inspired. Rascal Flatts sang "Broken Road" of course. While sitting there holding G while a soft summer breeze blew across my face I reflected on the Broken Road that brought Sweet G into our lives. I have never written the entire story and I think it is about time for me to get that done. So, I am going to begin right away. It will require that I tell it in several small stories that collectively tell the whole story of Sweet G. I hope you will enjoy hearing it and will see how God orchestrated the story and worked His grace in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!