Thursday, October 14, 2010

Banana Milkshake Summer

I thought I would create a post to document all the things my boys are into at the present time. I have found that the things you think you will never forget sometimes end up being forgotten or at least I think they do. Anyway, my memory is not what it used to be so I need all the help I can get. I also blog as a way to document life for my boys in case they ever want to look back and see what life was like for their mom. So, here goes. . .

Sweet G has developed this ferocious appetite for banana milkshakes over the summer. He particularly likes the ones from Sonic but of course Sonic is on the other side of town--you know, the side we normally have no need to go to. He will settle for one from Mr. D's, a family owned restaurant in our neighborhood. I do agree that they come in a close second to Sonic and will do when Daddy doesn't want to drive 8 and 1/2 miles to get a milkshake. He also has developed a hunger for french fries. He likes them all. He likes Checker's fries but says they are salty. He likes crinkle cut fries sometimes and of course he loves McDonald's fries. He is growing so fast and has gained some weight from all the junk food. He weighs about 47 lbs. now. He is currently watching reruns of Sanford and Son, The Cosby Show, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, My Wife and Kids, and George Lopez. I have only recently realized that all his favorite shows have few if any white characters in them. I find this interesting and it has me intrigued.

I am not sure what T is into at the present time. He just started college in August and is busy writing lots of things, studying and working. He comes home with a new funny story every weekend. He is still the pickiest eater I know and grows more like me every day that passes (although he would disagree).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!