Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hello World

It astounds me how easily it is for people to get sidetracked and forget what living is really all about. I am no different than the next person and over and over again I find that I have somehow lost the true meaning of life. Then something comes along to open my eyes and help me refocus on the most important things in life. Today I found myself in that place and the following video "Hello, World" by Lady Antebellum was what it took to change my perspective. (Before starting the video scroll to the bottom of this page and pause the music player.)



In the long term it doesn't matter how well our phonics lesson went on one specific day, if we completed all I had planned for math, or if my house ever gets completely organized, clutter free, and spotless clean. The thing I need to focus on is living a life focused on God, loving others, and being aware of how God wants to use me. I am a Child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, an aunt and a friend. God placed me exactly where He wanted to use me. He sent me the exact spouse that I needed and the two children that he wanted me to mother. He knew the struggles we would face and empowers me to meet each challenge that comes my way.
So, even though I didn't feel well today and failed to accomplish the things that I felt were important I did spend quality time with my little boy, tell my husband that I love him dearly, and regain the perspective on life that I believe God desires me to have. So, hello world.

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!