Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Glass

For most of my life I have been the glass is half empty kind of person. I know that is a shocker to those of you who know me but it is true. That is one of the things I most dislike about myself. I really have tried to look at things from a positive angle and a lot of the time I am successful.

Lately I have had a hard time looking on the bright side. There have been several tragic events occur in the lives of people I love in the past few weeks and I feel as though life is out of control. My fear is that there is no way of avoiding complete and udder destruction. People I love are hurting and in trouble and I have no way of helping them. I feel as though I am tiptoeing through each day trying to avoid being destroyed by the fragments of my life and I am having a hard time finding anything positive in my life.

I know that those thoughts are not true. There are an abundance of blessings in my life. They are just hard to see through the pain I am experiencing. So, what do I do? I keep tiptoeing through each day until things change. I pray for the needs of those I love and hold tight to my Jesus knowing that He is bigger than any problem life can throw at me.

1 John 4:4........... But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.   NLT                                                                                           Psalm 29:11..........The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace. NLT                                                       Eph. 6:16.............In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. NLT


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!