Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Elephant

Anger burning wild and strong
Disillusionment filling every ounce of my being
A cloak of sadness enveloping me
The weight of it is more than I can bear.
Alone and alienated by my point of view
Still I refuse to ignore the elephant in the room.
I cannot sit silently pretending that it will be okay.
Nothing will ever be as it was.
Bonds have been broken, trust has died.
The guilty embraced the innocent condemned.
Sides have been taken with lines drawn in the sand.
Lines so deep and wide they will never be crossed.
Time will not repair the damage.
The future only holds more pain in it's hands.
Shame stands laughing at the destruction he has caused.
I choose to turn and walk away from it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!