Friday, December 2, 2011

Pear Tree Prowler

The pears were perfect for picking. I decided tomorrow would be the day I'd make my prize winning pear preserves. I drifted off to sweet sleep dreaming about that blue ribbon I'd win when the county fair came around to our neck of the woods.

The day dawned clear and bright. I was so excited that I didn't even take time to eat. Those pears were waiting to be picked and made into the perfect preserves. I grabbed my basket as I walked out the back door and headed for the pear tree.

When I reached the tree I couldn't believe my eyes. There was not one perfect pear left on that tree! Something had destroyed my pears and I intended to kill the varment responsible. I moved around the tree and spotted the culprit. There he sat;a partridge in my pear tree.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can't believe it. We had the racoons stealing all our persimmons last season. I didn't know what to do!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!