Saturday, October 20, 2012

Drowning

Lately I have found myself sinking deeper and deeper into the depths of depression. The murky water sucking me into its darkness; stealing my breath from me. Too tired to tread the water anymore I have gone under once, twice in the past week. Nighttime is my sanctuary; daytime my enemy. Each time I manage to surface for a breath of air something hits me and forces me back under the blanket of the water. Lost, alone, dying a little more each moment. How did I get here? Lost. Hopelessly lost. Abandoned, betrayed. Alone. Isolated. Why can't someone see and save me? Just make it better like a mother kissing a skinned knee. So much pain, disappointment, and loss. Things stolen from me that can never be returned. Forever scarred. I carry the scar forever on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!