Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wet Paint


Sometimes I am so intent on one aspect of something that I fail to see the depth of it. After rereading my post from yesterday entitled "My Favorite Artists" I suddenly was hit hard with something I said in the post. I wrote, "I can see the personalities of each child shining through their creations". This is such a profound statement—even if I did write it. Just as I see the personality of my students shining through those pictures, those around me should be able to see the personality of my creator in me. God should shine through my life in such a way that people are drawn to me like I find myself being drawn to those pictures. There is hardly ever a day that I don't step outside my classroom and walk out of my way to look at those pictures. They intrigue me. They provide me with so much joy. There is something about them that makes me want to examine them closer.
Every time I look at them I find something that I hadn't noticed before. If I had my students make another portrait of Martin Luther King, Jr. they would not be the same as the first ones they created. Each one has its own unique qualities. They are one of a kind creations. Each one is a masterpiece, just as each one of us is God's masterpiece. One of my favorite verses has always been Ephesians 2:10. It says, "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." God has created me anew, in fact he isn't finished with me yet. If you look close you will see a sign that says "CAUTION WET PAINT".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!