Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Miss Piggy is my stepmom

I arrive and sit on the back pew

Just hoping I will make it through the ceremony.

showing up because I felt it was the right thing to do

Someone comes and insists I sit on the front row

A spectacle for all the guests

I try to fight the tears

It is no use

They are stronger than I

He enters and my stomach turns

I can't believe he is doing this

She marches down the isle

Not everyone sees her insincerity 

But I see through her fake smiles

Dressed in green taffeta

As if she's at a prom

Fat bulging, breasts barely contained beneath a ruffled neckline

My son says she looks like Miss Piggy

I laugh because he's right

Dad stands in front of me reciting native American wedding vows

It is all I can do to keep from screaming hypocrit

Youve turned your back on God.

But I am silent.

It is useless

She already has his soul.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!