Monday, February 6, 2012

Silent Movies

Sweet G has a new favorite activity. It all started a couple of days ago when someone, who isn't me, let him watch the beginning of an episode of the World's Dumbest Criminals. After a short viewing and several curse words it was decided that the show might not be appropriate. I, however, did not witness this event and I was coerced into watching said episode under the guise, "Daddy watched it with me yesterday."

After a short viewing and several curse words Mommy decided that  this show is definitely not appropriate. I told G that it makes Jesus sad when we hear things that are not nice. The language was the only offensive part and Sweet G wanted to watch it so badly that I told him he could watch it if he muted the sound. I did this thinking he would not enjoy watching anything without sound. Once again he surprised me. He watched it all afternoon.

Today he started asking if he could watch stand up comedy on his iPod if he watched it without sound. I assured G that stand up comedy is not funny without sound but I could not convince him. I figured he would try it and come to the conclusion that Mommy is right. Wrong! He watched it all afternoon "buetid" (muted in G talk). I mean really, how much fun can it be to watch a person stand on stage not hearing a word they say?

Later in the afternoon G discovered the closed captioning button on some of the videos he was watching. "Look Momma, what is my iPod doing? I like watching it like this! It makes Jesus happy when we watch stand up comedy 'buetid'."

"That isn't exactly what I said, G. I said it makes him sad when we watch things that are bad. It also makes Him sad when we read the closed captioning of bad shows. Do not turn the closed captioning back on. It is wrong to hear bad things and it is wrong to read bad things."

He can't read well enough to read everything they were saying as fast as it appeared on the screen but you never can tell with that boy. I just wonder, what will he come up with next?

1 comment:

  1. That really is so cute, your Sweet G just precious. Kids really do say some funny things that never cease to amaze me. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know you stopped by so I can thank you!